And by all over the place, I mean ALL over the place.
1) Okay, so remember how I told you that I was going to raise sponsors, and how much fun it would be.
….Yeahhhh, now I know why nobody ever gets into pageants. Darn $500.
2) PROM IS THIS WEEKEND! And I don’t have a jacket/sweater thingy to go with my dress yet…
3) DUDE, I’M ALMOST IN FREAKING COLLEGE WHERE HAS ALL THE TIME GONE!? I mean, I still have until next year…BUT STILL.
4) I keep forgetting I still need to get money for Girls Camp. For real.
5) STUPID STUPID FRENCH
6) This is the conversation I had with my teacher this morning. Work for word.
Teacher: Hello Kirsten. How can I help you today?
Me: Hi Mrs. Davis :D I wanted to talk to you about the 6.07 Assignment.
Me: Okay, so, it says in the instructions that it needs to be 600-650 words long, but I think that that’s too long. If the point is to make this an online article, people won’t want to read something that’s that long. The original story is only, 450-ish words long, and newspaper stories that are online are generally shorter than the ones that are published in an actual newspaper
AND we’re still supposed to be deleting sentences. I know we’re supposed to add some too, but that’d still keep it at about 500 words.
Sooo yup. I think it should be shorter.
*are generally shorter than the ones that are published in an actual newspaper
Teacher: Hi Kirsten – please follow the directions. Part of the challenge of writing an online story is to keep the reader engaged by making it interesting. Do the best you can, but make sure you follow the directions.
Me: But the point is to make this as real and authentic as possible, right? It won’t be as real if the online article is longer than the print-out version. Shouldn’t it at least be the same length? I mean, take Wikipedia for example…that’s a condensed version of a bunch of different information from other stories and websites.
Teacher: I’m sorry you don’t agree with the lesson requirements, but if you want maximum points, you have to follow and meet them. Like I said, just do your best and try to make it as engaging and interesting as possible.
…Come on, tell me that wasn’t an amazing argument.
7) My own sisters don’t want me (or my other sister/their other older sister) at their skating rink party. WHERE IS THE LOVE/I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT I DID/ I DIDN’T EVEN DO ANYTHING YET D:
8) Stupid French…
9) I TOTALLY SHOULD’VE GOTTEN A 100% ON MY HISTORY PAPER. I got a 90, and that’s great and all…BUT STILL.
10) Dylan hasn’t emailed me back yet…
11) Josh hasn’t texted me back yet…
12) I’m running out of minutes on my phone, and I need to buy more, but COME ON PEOPLE I HAVE OTHER STUFF I NEED TO BUY TOO
13) Dex and Chazz haven’t emailed me back yet…
14) Google hasn’t had a picture thingy on its main page for forever D:
15) HOW COME EVERY TIME I TRY TO DO A NANOWRIMO THING, I FAIL D:
And that, ladies and gentleman, is my random list of woes that I thought of just now.
Back to your regularly scheduled program.
P.S. OH OH OH BUT IN GOOD NEWS, the guy I like sat next to me. And today’s his half birthday. And he probably doesn’t know it but THAT’S OKAY ‘CAUSE I STILL FELT SPECIAL DEEP INSIDE. Okay. I’m good now.